2005 Great Holiday Food Drive
December 12th - 22nd, 2005
Equivalent of 10,421 lbs of Food Raised!
The event was a collaboration to raise food and awareness for the hungry here in the Portland Metropolitan Area and consisted of 20 different Drop Site Locations throughout the Portland Metro Area. In addition, two Benefit Concerts were held the last day of the food drive to celebrate and enjoy live music and food in a last ditch effort to raise food for the Oregon Food Bank. Our thanks go out to the following for supporting the Benefit Concerts:
Westside Benefit Concert
Eastside Benefit Concert
Hi Hat Chinese Restaurant & Banquet Facility
Special Thanks to Blues Musician Lloyd Jones, Eddy Campy & The Jumpers, and BOLT UPRIGHT!
Stein Haus Restaurant & Bar
Special Thanks to R&B Artists Haus Cats with Jim Wallace & A.C. Porter!
In addition, the Annual Raffle was held and the Raffle Winners are as follows:
- Weekend Stay at Cannon Beach's Ecola Creek Lodge - Anne Morin
- EasyStreet Online Services - Manmohan Patel
- $25 Albertson's Gift Card - Rachel Wertz
- $20 Best Buy Gift Card - Jane Baker
- $10 Starbucks Gift Card - Chantal Gray
A Special Thanks to our 2005 Event Co-Sponsors
Plan Ahead & Co-Sponsor the Great Holiday Food Drive
Coming Fall 2018, 11th Annual Great Holiday Food Drive
It's never too early to start planning for next year, especially the need to fight hunger! We look forward to your support next year for our 2018 Portland-Salem Metro-Wide 11th Annual Great Holiday Food Drive taking place from December 3 through December 21, 2018. Keep an eye out here for the latest news on our 2018, 11th Annual event.
Signup to be a Donation Drop Site Location. Allow your business to be an official Donation Drop Site for the
- Be Proactive and Involved in your Local Community
- Raise Awareness for Hunger in Oregon
- Receive a Listing and Link to your business website from the Great Holiday Food Drive
- Get to Know Local Consumers you might not otherwise reach